It is sometimes easy to overlook the importance of flooring in commercial and industrial buildings. However, you need surfaces that maximize your business’s efficiency and safety. The incredible benefits of epoxy coating make it a popular option for many companies.
What Is Epoxy Coating?
Epoxy is a mixture of hardeners and resins that causes a chemical reaction when mixed. As a result of this reaction, a rigid, durable coating is formed, containing tightly linked cross-polymer structures. This material bonds well to most base layers and creates a durable, resistant surface. Professionals apply the liquid to concrete surfaces along with flakes, metallics, urethanes, and polyaspartics, giving the floor a resilient body and top coat.
7 Epoxy Coating Benefits That Outweigh The Costs
- Durable and strong: It’s durable and strong so that it can last for years. While other types of flooring may need to be repainted, stained, or resurfaced, you will not have to do anything to epoxy-coated surfaces.
- Covers Existing Defects & Imperfections: If your concrete surface is stained or scratched, the correct preparation and epoxy coatings can be applied at a thickness that will hide minor imperfections. It is also possible to hide imperfections by adding decorative elements, such as mica chips or quartz chips.
- Protection: It adds another level of protection to the concrete surfaces. It’s resistant to stains, chemicals, as well as wear-and-tear. This floor coating is ideal for garages when you are working on or storing vehicles that may leak chemicals on the concrete.
- Safety: Epoxy coating provides a safe surface for foot traffic. It’s resistant to impacts, fire, and extreme temperatures. It also provides a slip-resistant surface with the proper top coat application.
- Low Maintenance: Epoxy flooring has no crevices or pores, making it easier to clean and maintain than other types of flooring surfaces that attract bacteria and dirt.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Epoxy flooring is popular among business owners because of its aesthetic appeal. Adding an epoxy coating to a worn-out floor produces a brilliant and highly attractive finish. Additionally, you can choose from a variety of textures and colors.
- Environmentally Friendly: It is environmentally friendly. Materials used are free of harmful substances, and the manufacturing process is minimal. Additionally, it doesn’t require harsh and harmful chemicals to keep it clean.
Epoxy Floors Are Cost Effective
Although epoxy floor coatings can be expensive, their durability and ease of maintenance can make them worth the investment.
Best Floor Coating Products & Equipment In Northern California
For trusted flooring products (with warranties and manufacturer specifications), stop by our Coatings Hub NorCal locations in San Jose or Jamestown. You can rely on our knowledgeable staff for floor coating solutions for any project.