If you have a concrete flooring project planned, don’t forget to prep your slab first with a quality epoxy primer, available from Coatings Hub NorCal in San Jose, CA. There’s nothing worse than putting in all the work on an install without getting to reap any of the benefits of this attractive, long-lasting floor coating option.
We carry a wide range of products to help you get your surface ready for epoxy.
- Floropoxy MVT
- Epoxy 200 |2A:1B|
- BDC Vapor Seal Moisture Blocking Epoxy
- Primer T
- PetraStat ESD
- WECT-DP | Water-Based Deep Penetrating Primer
Yes, You Really Do Need Primer
Epoxy floor coatings are gaining popularity for their durability and flexibility. There are so many coloring and additive options to create uniquely beautiful looks to suit any décor. You might be tempted to skip the primer, but doing so can cost you time and money in the long run.
- Ensures better adhesion.
- Provides a moisture barrier.
- Helps eliminate microdust contamination.
- Creates a well-sealed surface.
- Allows you to use less epoxy.
- Reduces the risk of bubbling.
- Allows you to get a “feel” for the surface and catch potential issues.
- Improves the uniformity of the base coat.
Primer Protects Your Investment
Most people wouldn’t start painting walls without using a good primer. Floors take a lot more abuse than walls, so why would you skimp on such a vital preparation step? Epoxy floor coating is an investment you want to look great and last for years to come.
Floor Coating Supplies In San Jose
At Coatings Hub NorCal, floor coatings are our specialty. If you aren’t sure what primer will work best with your chosen epoxy flooring, please call or visit our San Jose store. We love helping our customers, and professional contractors achieve fantastic results.