If you are planning to install an epoxy floor in San Jose or Jamestown, California, don’t neglect to prepare the surface in advance. Epoxy coating can be an inexpensive flooring choice, especially in industrial situations. However, adequate preparation is always a must.
5 Reasons To Properly Prepare Your Surface
- Contaminants Will Keep The Epoxy From Adhering Properly
- Neglecting To Profile The Floor Can Lead To A Weak Sealant Bond
- Cracks & Fissures Will Be Highlighted By The Floor Coating
- Unresolved Moisture Issues Will Corrode The Epoxy
- You Don’t Want To Re-Do The Whole Floor
1. Contaminants Will Keep The Epoxy From Adhering Properly
You are probably already planning to clean your floor before applying the epoxy, but you need to be sure that this is a very deep and thorough cleaning. Any remaining dirt, oil, or other contaminants will keep the new coating from adhering solidly and correctly.
2. Neglecting To Profile The Floor Can Lead To A Weak Sealant Bond
Profiling is the next step after the deep cleaning. Similar to the effect of sanding a wood product, profiling roughens the surface so that the sealant will be able to bond securely.
3. Cracks & Fissures Will Be Highlighted By The Floor Coating
Don’t depend on your new coating to hide any flaws, cracks, or fissures, because it will do exactly the opposite. Be sure that you complete all of the needed repairs first because the sealant will highlight any issues that you do not address now.
4. Unresolved Moisture Issues Will Corrode The Epoxy
Moisture issues are always serious. If you take care of them now, you won’t have to worry about them corroding your new epoxy floor.
5. You Don’t Want To Re-Do The Whole Project
Properly preparing your floor to receive the epoxy prevents you from having to re-do the project before you are ready to change the color or finish. Unfortunately, if you do not properly prepare your flooring to receive the epoxy finish, your sealant will begin to detach, and you will probably have to redo the entire thing.
Why Is Epoxy Such A Popular Choice?
Epoxy lasts a long time and is one of the most inexpensive choices to cover the concrete floors in your garage, warehouse, or office. It is available in many colors, finishes, and textures and It stands up to constant use, yet requires little care.
Check Out Our Epoxy Options Today
Architects, contractors, designers, and DIY-ers find the products they need at Coating Hub NorCal in Jamestown or San Jose, California. Check out our wide selection of top brands for large or small projects today. We look forward to helping you choose the very best product for your space.